In the past, women used to marry earlier, stayed at home and had babies. But today, women are focusing on their careers and are postponing marriages and motherhood. Moreover, teenage girls are smoking and consuming alcohol, and poor eating habits are making them obese. The frequency of sexually transmitted infections has been steadily rising which is affecting the fertility of women. Females don’t realize, but choices made in teenagers can affect their ability to get pregnant in adulthood. Luckily, with the advancement in science, fertility medication exist that can be considered if all the natural ways to conceive fail.
Are you also the one who is facing problem in conceiving? Does your heart ache when you see a cute baby in the market? Do you want to see positive pregnancy results? If yes, then we are here with some helpful tips that can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Tips to Improve Female Fertility
- Keep track of your Basal Body Temperature – This is important to see if you are ovulating. BBT is the lowest body temperature and is measured when you are completely at rest. The day after you ovulate the BBT rises and stays up till your next period. Make sure to check and keep track of your basal body temperature every morning before you get out of bed. This will help you assess when you are ovulating and then have sex during ovulation to increase the possibility of getting pregnant.
- Keep a check on what you eat – Intake of unhealthy food is one of the most common cause of infertility these days. Unhealthy food makes your reproductive cycle irregular and can also lead to no ovulation at all in severe cases. So, it is highly recommended to switch from animal protein to vegetable protein. This can help in reducing the risk of ovulatory infertility by 50 percent.
- Maintain a healthy weight – Neither you should be overweight, nor underweight if you want to maintain the balance of your reproductive cycle. Check your BMI score. If it is in the range of 19 to 24, then you are at a healthy weight. In case BMI is not in range then talk to your doctor immediately.
- Drink more water – The cervical fluid helps the sperm find the target egg. And if you don’t drink enough water, the fluid becomes sluggish. So, it is suggested to consume more water so that the color of your urine is light yellow.
- Say no to caffeine – Consuming highly caffeinated drinks hinders with conception. So, avoid taking caffeinated coffee, tea or soft drinks. If you can’t stop the intake of coffee all at ones, start by decreasing the number of cups from four to one.
- Quit smoking – It is rightly said that smoking is injurious to health. It lowers the possibility of getting pregnant and increases the risk of miscarriages. Moreover, smokers tend to reach their menopause stage two years earlier than non-smokers.
- Manage stress – Stress acts as a barrier to conceiving. So, don’t take too much stress. To reduce your tension and anxiety level, try relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, or acupuncture.
- Seek personalized treatment – If you are not getting pregnant when you are trying to conceive, then consider personalized medication. A compounding pharmacist with the help of your gynecologist can develop a treatment for you to meet your specific requirements. This can help in boosting your fertility.