- Available as a generic drug, the oral tablet has been named after the brand mysoline.
- Treats seizures
- Meant for oral consumption
Important warnings –
- You should not consume Primidone if there is a genetic disorder er porphyria
- The drug maiinducesce certain suicidal though, ts and for that, you need to call your doctor righawayay to fight the symptoms.
- thoughts regarding suicide
- panic attack
- troubled sleeping
- excessive anger
- feeling restless
- panic attacks and anxiety
- extreme mood swings
- dangerous impulses
What is Primidone used for?
The generic drug is available in an oral tablet and can be purchased from the brand name Mysoline. You can consume Primidone as a part of combination therapy for treating and preventing seizures.
- The medicine is used to treat chronic seizures.
- It cures focal seizures. re
- It includes partial seizures
Workability of Primidone
The medicine belongs to a class of antiepileptic drugs that can treat mental conditions alone or with certain medications.
Side Effects of Primidone-
Primidone can create temporary or permanent side effects. Make sure that you monitor your health from the first day of consumption. Avoid using machinery or driving because such tasks require absolute mental alertness. The drug can adversely impact you.
side effects of Primidone
Common side effects of Primidone includes-
- Lack of muscular control can include problems in moving and walking.
- I am feeling head-spinning and swaying.
The side effects are temporary for most of the cases. They will automatically go on their own after the dosage is stopped or reduced. In case of severe problems, immediately talk to the health expert or the pharmacist.
Permanent side effects of Primidone
Give a call to your doctor right away if you have been facinsevereus side effectsLife-threatening symptoms must be immediately resolved by calling the emergency number 911. Following are the symptoms severe side effects-
- Suicidal thoughts include anxiety, restlessness, panic attacks, troubled sleeping, and extreme mood swings.
- Decrease blood count cells, fever, swollen glands, infections, frequent urination, shortness of breath, and tiredness.
Tips for suicide prevention-
If you find someone attempting suicide because of the medicine’s side effects, give a call at 9 11 and try to console the person mentally and physically in the meantime. You can also complain athe t National suicide prevention lifeline 800 273 8255.
Primidone interaction with other medicines and drugs
The interaction of a drug changes the exact way it is expected to function. Exchange can be harmful or the sufferer in one and many ways. Your doctor should manage the symptoms carefully and state that therapy can help you recover well without facing any drawbacks. Find how the medicine works, talk to your health expert or pharmacist, and reveal all the ongoing therapies to minimize the side effects.
Primidone warning –
- Allergic reactions include –
- blistering skin and mouth
- swelling in throat
- sore tongue
- troubled sleep
Alcohol interaction warning
People who are on alcohol consumption should avoid consuming Primidone because the side effects can become worse. Symptoms of dizziness and sleepiness trigger exorbitantly when the DR interacts with alcohol.
Primidone warning for drug interaction
Avoid consuming drugs that can induce the because Primidone interacts with other medicines. People suffering from porphyria would help if you did not drink Primidone in case of genetic disorder is called for porphyria because the problems of skin problems can worsen.
Warning for pregnant ladies
You never know the side effects of Primidone because they are subjective. Primidone might harm your youfetusus, and even if you are planning to become pregnant, the doctor might avoid giving you this medicine. The drug should only bely be consumed if the potential risks are acceptable to the consumer.
Call your doctor right away if you become pregnant while the dosage for Primidone is going on. Before starting with therapy, make sure that you register yourself at 188 8233 233to help them record the information regarding pregnancy and seizure medications.
Warning for best feeding women
Women who are consuming Primidone can find the medicine to affect adversely. The child might receive the side effects of the treatment.
The ideal dosage for Primidone
The dosage of the drug is subjective, which includes the following conditions –
- Medical condition
- The severity of the disease
- drugs being consumed
- reaction on the consumption of the first dose
The ideal dosage for epilepsy –
- Consume the medicine as directed by the physician or medical expert.
Avoid consuming the medicine if you have skipped the dosage
Either it would help if you consumed the thmixturene regularly or didn’t take it all. Thorne is meant for long-term treatment, and the dosage should not be manipulated.
Do not over consume the medicinOverconsumptionon of Primidone can induce the following side effects-
- poor muscular control
Call your doctor or expert guidance to manage the impact of the medicine. You can also Resort for help at 1800 22 21 22 through online tools. If your symptoms are beyond control, get in touch with 911 or visit the nearest emergency center.
What if you miss a dose of Primidone?
Consume the medicine as soon as you remember or skip it altogether. Never try to combine two dosages because that can lead to significant side effects.
An essential consideration for consuming Primidone
- Consume the medicine with or without food and Crush it before having it.
- Store the medicine and optimal room temperature and do not freeze it.
- Avoid keeping the drug at high temperatures or direct sun exposure.
Several drugs have a similar composition to Primidone. Talk to your health expert regarding the matter and find out the best opinion that works for you.
Disclaimer – our primary goal is to furnish you with relevant information regarding the drug. We do not guarantee the news because the impact of the medicine is subjective and depends on the medical history of the sufferer.