Acupuncture is an ancient and holistic Chinese treatment that has been known to treat a variety of medical conditions for the last 2500 years. It has been cited as a ‘miracle’ by acupuncture enthusiasts and the patients that have seen the positive results.
People have experienced a tremendous improvement in their quality of lives with it and overcome everything from depression and allergies to morning sickness and cramps. Though, acupuncture has always remained controversial among Western medical doctors and scientists; there are people who swear by the wonderful cure-all technique.
But, what makes all makes up this treatment? What is the philosophy behind it? If you are curious, then keep reading further.
How does Acupuncture Work?
Well, acupuncture is a practice that isn’t traditionally based on science and medicine. It is a technique that uses thin, hair-like needles in the skin surface and stimulates nerve-rich areas to influence specific tissues, gland, organs, and functions of the body.
This concept is largely based on the belief that the human health is the result of a harmonious balance of “yin” and “yang” and any illness is an outcome of an imbalance in life force known as “qi”, pronounced as “chi”.
Acupuncture treatment is known to bring the energy flow back into proper balance and provide relief from chronic health ailments and other benefits.
What are the Benefits of Acupuncture?
There have been hundreds of clinical studies on the benefits of acupuncture. Here are just some of the many benefits:
- Reduced back pain and neck tension. Using keyboards, heavy backpacks, cell phones, and poor posture can create an extreme form of pain. Acupuncture acts like a pain-free drug and relieves swelling and inflammation in that part of the body.
- Relief from migraine. Acupuncture has been the best solution to treat minor headaches and severe migraines. Some studies in 2016 reviewed that taking acupuncture treatment could reduce the frequency of migraine episodes.
- Lesser stress. Whether it is the job or personal lives, people tend to place a lot of pressure on their minds, and that is often experienced in the form of physical stress too. Acupuncture has proven to work on the release of stress hormone and reduce anxiety overall.
- Improved immunity. Acupuncture has shown to fight off illness by boosting the immune system. It even cuts down the duration of a cold/flu and relieves symptoms that keep you feeling miserable and tired.
- Enhanced mental clarity. Acupuncture patients have reported better mental clarity and a surge of increased positive energy. As a result, people have enjoyed improved sleep patterns; getting a respite from disorders like insomnia.
- Reduced skin allergy. Acupuncture has proven to be highly effective in preventing allergies and strengthening your body. It also reduces allergy symptoms and is often in place of or in conjunction with antihistamines.
Laser Medical Clinic is a full-service medical cosmetic clinic located in Richmond Hill, Ontario, offering the best body treatments including permanent laser hair removal, acne scar treatment, acupuncture and more.