Acupuncture is an ancient and holistic Chinese treatment that has been known to treat a variety of medical conditions for the last 2500 years. It has been cited as a ‘miracle’ by acupuncture enthusiasts and the patients that have seen the positive results. People have experienced a tremendous improvement in their quality of life with it and overcome everything from depression and allergies to morning sickness and cramps. Though Acupuncture has always remained controversial among Western medical doctors and scientists, some people swear by the beautiful cure-all technique. But, what makes all make up this treatment? What is the philosophy behind it? If you are curious, then keep reading further.
How does Acupuncture Work?
Well, Acupuncture is a practice that isn’t traditionally based on science and medicine. It is a technique that uses thin, hair-like needles on the skin surface and stimulates nerve-rich areas to influence specific tissues, glands, organs, and body functions. This concept is primarily based on the belief that human health is the result of a harmonious balance of “yin” and “yang,” and any illness is an outcome of an imbalance in life force known as “qi”, pronounced as “chi”. is known to bring the energy flow back into proper balance and provide relief from chronic health ailments and other benefits.
What are the Benefits of Acupuncture?
There have been hundreds of clinical studies on the benefits of Acupuncture. Here are just some of the many benefits:
- Reduced back pain and neck tension. Using keyboards, heavy backpacks, cell phones, and poor posture can create an extreme form of pain. Acupuncture acts like a pain-free drug and relieves swelling and inflammation in that part of the body.
- Relief from migraine. Acupuncture has been the best solution to treat minor headaches and severe migraines. Some studies in 2016 reviewed that taking acupuncture treatment could reduce the frequency of migraine episodes.
- Lesser stress. Whether it is the job or personal life, people tend to place a lot of pressure on their minds, which is often experienced in the form of physical stress. Acupuncture has proven to work on the release of stress hormones and reduce anxiety overall.
- Improved immunity. Acupuncture has been shown to fight off illness by boosting the immune system. It even cuts down the duration of a cold/flu and relieves symptoms that keep you feeling miserable and tired.
- They have enhanced mental clarity. Acupuncture patients have reported better mental clarity and a surge of increased positive energy. As a result, people have enjoyed improved sleep patterns, getting a respite from disorders like insomnia.
- It reduced skin allergy. Acupuncture has proven to be highly effective in preventing allergies and strengthening your body. It also reduces allergy symptoms and is often in place of or in conjunction with antihistamines.
Laser Medical Clinic is a full-servicelocated in Richmond Hill, Ontario, offering the best body treatments, including permanent laser hair removal, acne scar treatment, Acupuncture, and more.